Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Adventure Awaits



I've been traveling quite a bit & gathering inspiration from some exquisite countries...My latest favorite destination was Japan, with all of it's beautiful finery, blossoms & delicate details...It was breathtaking. This painting is of my two lovely muses (Jackie & Jay), & was inspired by Rothko's ethereal blending of reds & blues, as well as Monet's almost abstract renditions of his Japanese garden in Giverny; in which he also employs that curious combination of colours.

This painting measures at 30" x 50" & is SOLD.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so stunning Shirin. I love the peaches & reds in the ground. The sky is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moody depth in the sky, awash with a serene transformation into dusk. And intricate detail of flora on the ground, evokes a sense of romanticism within the lovers connection to the earth

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous sky, gorgeous ground. I'm addicted to your artwork Shirin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you everyone!! :D Always so encouraging to hear such lovely feedback...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a silent observer of yours...love your work and I'm always awaiting the next one! Well wishes from Qatar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words & for following my work Charlene! & all the way from Qatar no less! :D

    ReplyDelete