Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lotus Thoughts


An offering of lotus to my family whom I terribly miss these days, scattered in so many countries across the world. I love that you can buy fresh lotus flowers at the market here in Beijing...Not only do they inspire me to paint, but they remind me of my dear papa & the beautiful lotus temple he built in India, & of my mama who created beauty every where she would go & of course would only allow fresh flowers in the house (she is pictured above on her wedding day). More paintings to come soon...

9 comments:

  1. i love you and miss you so so much. why are you so so far away from us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most precious one, Thank you for the beautiful lotus flower with the exquisitely beautiful photo of your dear Mother. We miss you too and all the others who are scattered througout the world. The blessing is that all are serving the Cause and there is nothing more dear. We love you both so much!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that was a picture of your beautiful Momma!Big squeezy hugs to you Lovey!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi hun,
    Your mom looks soooooo beautiful. I miss you and I hope we can see each other soon again.
    Love you
    mona

    ReplyDelete
  5. love you all! I miss all of you too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all scattered doing His work, and no doubt the reunion will be AWESOME!!! Sending love and prayers to you both, dear Shirin...what a wonderful way to pay tribute to your dear family who have sacrificed so much for so long. Surely His blessings will be showered upon you!!! Love, Auntie Nancy (oh, and a big hug!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Your dad is Fariborz Sahba! How wonderful.. I think the lotus temple is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These flowers are stunning, as was your Mom on her wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, I love lotus flowers too, I just started to read your blog (came to it from indian summer/design sponge) and am excited to follow your artistic endeavors. Love your style and paintings,
    MM

    ReplyDelete